GC: Scientific and Technical Innovation
Work that needs to be finished/edited:
1. How has the increasing use of social media affected teenagers?
2. How can social media be used effectively as a tool for business and marketing?
3. What limits should be placed on technology for elementary children?
4. Should education be free – consider online and open course learning where it is free – also discuss the idea of some countries offering free post secondary education.
5. How could our scientific and technical innovation be used against us? consider 1984, ed snowden, being tracked and watched etc...
6. Should we be allowed to use technology in medicine to change genes and traits such as eye color or try to create a disease free child? Consider the idea of 'playing god' or limits that should be imposed with using new medical discoveries.
7. When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
8. Some people think that schools should select students according to their academic abilities, while others believe that it is better to have students with different abilities studying together. Discuss both views and state your own opinion.
9. Some say that the Internet is making the world smaller by bringing people together. To what extent do to you agree with this?
10. With all the problems in the world today, spending money on space exploration is a complete waste. The money could be better spent on other causes. Discuss this idea..
11. Modern medicine helps to live a longer life. Explore the dangers of an aging population.
12. Weigh the pros and cons of scientific and technological innovation.
13. How has scientific and technological innovation affected food and farming?
14. How can scientific and technological innovation help with major world issues - such as poverty or water scarcity?